Thursday, August 20, 2009

I can see clearly now


Well...almost.
Here's how it goes down:
1 I walk up to the eye test chart, cock-sure of my 20-20 bestowal...

2 My left eye takes 4 or so lines up before it can distinguish a p from an f...

3 I walk away with 20-50 vision.

4 which is quite a bit worse than my mother's...
5 who's in her mid-fifties.
and had a rogue bungee cord severely damage her cornea.

I admit I am sufficiently humbled, and will just have to get cutie specks.
yours in meekness,
Banana

3 comments:

Unknown said...

aww, nothing wrong with cute glasses. my site was pretty bad, and just kept getting worse (contact lenses do that to you). ended up getting lasik, and all is well!
xox

little miss erika said...

Yay for glasses!

Last year when I went in for my check-up, my eyes were surprisingly worse than the previous year. This year I skipped the check and I'm almost afraid.

But I do love getting new glasses. I should wear them all the time. I just need to remember.

I bet you will be the cutest banan! (that is not a typo)

Daniel said...

It was dad with the bunjee, not mom. But you see worse than both of them I'm sure.

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin