Monday, August 10, 2009

Oh, Charles...


Okay. So I finished this book.

I am blown away
by the fact that something I started many many months ago and felt agony reading through much of
ended up being
one of the most beautiful things I have ever laid my mind on.

I was totally moved to tears.
I was totally impressed.
It was totally worth it.

The humanity, the insight, the language, the humor, the masterful understanding of the human being....


sigh.

I decided, after closing the glorious cover, my heart and eyes all burny, that I would (like Desmond on "LOST")
read
"every glorious word" of that
magical Mr. Dickens'.

Liberté, égalité, et fraternité,

banane


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Silly Chuck, I think most of his books start in agony and end in tears. For me, Oliver Twist. I'm glad this book has your stamp of approval, it's on my to-read list! We should start a book club, you know, in 2010 ;)

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin