Monday, September 12, 2011

Tristesse?

trist·esse foreign term \trē-stes\  - melancholy; sadness.  Origin: French

I can only come up with four possible explanations for any level of tristesse at this point in my mortal existence (i.e. today).

Could it be because: 1. I drank half and half with my Honey Nut Cheerios this morning, thinking it was my roommate's milk (serves me right for thinking I could borrow just a little)? Good at first, nauseating after the second bowl.

2. I watched When Harry Me Sally last night, and now I feel lonely? (Serves me right for thinking, "yay! Let's watch a happy romantic movie!")

3. I had a dream last night I was married to someone to whom I am most definitely not married?

4. I'm just a dummy dumb dumb dumb?

What do you think? I have no time for the unexplainable,  deep-set, french variety of sadness.

3 comments:

Brooklynn Johnson said...

YOU MISS ME i miss you. sorry i always comment.
go get a bunny, you'll feel better.

Anonymous said...

Nothing puts a damper on the day quite like the fleeting feeling of falling in love in a dream. It can be a traumatic experience being wrenched away from the perfect confluence of unconscious influence. Occasionally the feel of the nighttime confection seeps into the next day, subsequently leeching much of the beauty away. And on the rare occasion the sleepy recesses of your brain release a love so perfect it hurts to awake, it takes a sublime universal alignment to remind you that, despite the divine depth of the mind, God’s imagination can create something even more wonderful. It just takes a little time.

Shea Stott said...

"Don't worry, be happy now."

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin