Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Belated Shalom!

Monday was the magical day when this dream


became a reality.


My mother had the letter over the phone and a stoic disposition. I was waiting to sell my internal fluids for fifteen meesly dollars. I was worried about both.


"Give me a hint? A baby hint? A wee willie winky hint?"

To which she replied,
"Shalom, babay!!!!
photo here

And so it is. The Hogwarts Express departs September first as scheduled headed for the BYU Jerusalem Center where 3 of my favorite ladies (Gracie, AmandaYockey, and Kali) and I will spend a semester of spiritual, visual, cultural, educational, and historical feasting.

love, anticipation, and plasma,
Anna


1 comment:

alyssa said...

is it wrong that a little part of the reason for my excitement is that we'll finally be nina and gracie for real?

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin