Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lady in Spain

I just applied for a passport.
Just because I'm feeling adventurous.
...almost through with the Midwest I think.

I am the lady in Spain
I'll sing a haunting refrain
I am the lady from Mars
And I can unscrew the stars

I can be
Anything I see
I can be
Anything that I, anything that I see
And I am in love with a boy
Manufacture to destroy
I shall unravel my love
Like an old red woolen glove
I can do anything I want to
I can do anything I want anything my heart tells me to do
Tells me to do
Tells me to do

I can do
Anything I want to
I can be
Anything that I see
I can do anything I want to
I can be anything that I see
Anything that I see
-Ingrid Michaelson


Here's to sunny Sundays and reviving old pictures I once thought myself quite artistic over:
cheers!
Banana

1 comment:

little miss erika said...

a) love jones soda
b) love you
c) love midwest
d) love looking at my passport on my shelf
e) would love using it even more
f) love you

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin