Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here it Comes...

A better version of me.

Happy Belated New Year, I guess.
The sun has been incessantly flirting with me. It's toying with my affections, giving me a beautifully bright false hope that perhaps this winter might just be a little less miserable than the last.
Well, maybe it will be.
I will be, anyhow.
And you know why? Because "The strongest and sweetest songs yet remain to be sung" [via Walt Whitman]

And I should at least be humming along.
...Don't you think?

Resolutions, renovations, and hesitant hopings,
Banana

P.S. I'm moving to Paris with Gracie in the Spring. Have you ever heard such a lovely sentence?

2 comments:

alyssa said...

I've never heard such a lovely sentence, apart from "I'm moving to Jerusalem with Gracie in the fall," peut-ĂȘtre.

someone else has been incessantly flirting with you too.. ;)

oh and i love you. answer your phone please?

little miss erika said...

is it true? are you two gals really going?!

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin