Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Royal We

One of the best parts of living in London
 is that we live in London.




Oh, and in case you mistook us for Victoria and Albert, it is, in fact, us.
(I'm just sitting in Victoria's chair)


You see? I'm the one in front. Victoria is right behind me, and right behind her is her house.
I can see how you got confused, because we actually live right next to her house.


This is me inside of her house, but it's on the Georges' side where Jacob and I worked our way up to be very prominent courtiers. Indeed, I was in charge of testing King George I's eggs for runniness, and of wiping his Royal *ahem*.
Jacob was His Royal Highness's personal physician, but let's not compare. 

...At least I make 30 pounds a year.



These are the signs for the royal toilets in which I complete my courtly duties.



This is my courtly husband. THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS: H U S B A N D.

We like visiting Kensington Palace.
We like that we have to walk through Hyde Park to get to church.
We like meeting people from all over the world every day and getting to know our wonderful students here and we like being married and we like living together [finally].
We like it when Kate (mostly Hoffmire, sometimes Middleton) visits us from Oxford/ Utah.
We [mostly I] like running through the mist in the dark, early morning.
We like living in London.
We like learning.
We like each other.

3 comments:

Brooklynn Johnson said...

you look so beautiful and british!

chad said...

You are living Sarah's dream. She fell in love with London when we visited from Jerusalem for Christmas vacation.

The Robinsons said...

Thanks for the update! Keep them coming! We love and miss you!

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin