Tuesday, January 15, 2013

fancy

I've rather taken a fancy to (AKA I am obsessed with):

 English school children,

astronauts at St. Paul's,

 statues! 
(this one was sculpted by Victoria's daughter!)



Honestly, they're incredibly endearing!!

Along with...


Visiting my art idols (like Millais and Turner) W H E N E V E R I W A N TTTTTTTTTT.





And this new husband phenomenon. 
Really, it's remarkable. When I'm in class he makes me lunch. When my feet are frozen he sacrifices his crevasses to be a human feet warmers. When I vow to never eat another carbohydrate he takes away the rolls at dinner and only gives in after my third or fourth cry of outrage.

And he's really very cute.


Sometimes we feel like we never get out and about around the city, especially compared to all of our busy bee little students. How they manage to make so many shopping trips and frozen yogurt stops and attend class and finish their assignments I'll never understand. But the heavy weight of our respective dissertation/ thesis ever confines us to our computers, and the bitter, bone-biting cold outside makes our darling little hearth into a sleepyannamagnet. WHAT DO WE DO? It's London outside and our fiscal futures/ corporeal warmness inside. And it's London outside. Like, THE London. Like, the one in England.


Ah, well. Any wisdom?
Stay warm if you can
(And pray for my toes-- deplorable circulation, you know).

Banana



1 comment:

Brooklynn Johnson said...

like the one in england!!!!!!!

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin