Monday, February 8, 2010

So, here's the thing about long-distance relationships...

They suck.

They totally, completely, absolutely, positively, cross-my-heart, hope to die suck.
Now I'm not the whiney kind by nature, I don't think. But for the last, oh, very near a year now, it's been sucking big time.

And yet I can't give up on it because, well,

I really love him.

The last time I saw him was in Jordan. In October...
So I will keep on becoming whineyanna and I will miss him every day. every minute.
every time I hear classic rock.
every time I hear anything.
every time someone bumps into a wall and doesn't really notice.
every time my cuticles need pushing.
every time my feet are cold.


Well, you get the point. all the time.

2 comments:

little miss erika said...

=(

That is no fun. I can only comprehend that on a weekly/vacation scale. Not an all the time scale.

If we were in the same place, I would sit on your feet whenever they got icey. I really would

Jade said...

Oh, I love how much you love him. Seriously. I miss him too. Why the heck does he think he needs to go away all the time? Dang you Shea.

On a much lighter note, I absolutely and completely was awe struck by the amazing Christmas gift you gave him. I was wondering if maybe you could, a(teach me to play the piano and b)trade me voices? I trade you straight up?

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin