Saturday, April 18, 2009

Okay.

Sometimes I just feel like a big, mean ole, awful, selfish bore.
Sometimes I am.
Sometimes I realize basically everything I do- all day, every day- is for me! For comfort and justification and instant gratification. It makes me feel heavy. And bothersome.

I'm going to do a little spring cleaning.
Start living for
others.
It's about time.
  • air out and patch relationships
  • dig spiritual habits and goals out of storage
  • scrub and polish for a clean, bright, shiney future
  • mend and organize finances (money stresses me out like nothing else can and I'm not of any use to anyone when it's all I think about)
  • love love love every day and every one in every possible way I can show it
"Three things in human life are important.
The first is to be kind.
The second is to be kind.
And the third is to be kind."
-Henry James

And, oh life is beautiful! I miss my warm, sunshiney, healing Hawaii home
but am so happy to be in my chilly, familiar, foresty Washington home.
I love my family so much!

I'm going to be better, kinder, wiser, and more appreciative.
I have so much to appreciate:

List of happies I collected over the last month or two
sherbet skies -knowing I can be better - funny quotes - waking up without an alarm clock - memories - friends: old and new - birds - slip n' slides - feeling intelligent - sunday mornings - -sultry acoustic - Hawaii sun, Hawaii breeze - delicious fragrances: natural and otherwise - self control - I am going to China next year - Iron and Wine - anticipated success - holding hands -sandwiches - France - philosophy - wind - adreneline - stir fry - toast - Tessa Brady - eskimo kisses - performing - sleeping in - serving - wonderful wonders in the mail that are so thoughtful I carry around the package all day -comradery - the future - watching someone else watch the person they love - granola - the future - friends, lovers, family - people in general - acai - sad, droopy, testicular cancer dog friends on the beach - making strangers smile - good grades - self-help books - yoga - spontanaiety - greek architecture - dreams - s'mores - organization - The Zoo - sing-alongs - napping with friends - pretty notebooks, pretty things - sweet, kind, thoughtful boys - lucky number 11 - witty british documentary series - new book smell - listening to Jessica Fenenbock sing and letting it make me cry - love - nutella - being a free bird - Shea Stott - smart people - bunnies. of all kinds.
Love. peace.
-Banana

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, what I don't understand then is why we don't fix that location technicality and romp and frolic for joy together through fields of sapphire flowers together so we can get our souls happy and ready for our journey to the wonderful JERUSALEM!

little miss erika said...

Yes!

I love cancer tumor dog! I love when I see him!

And I just love you

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin