Monday, June 14, 2010

spirit of the wolf [among other things]

OH, I really had the loveliest of weekends.

There's just nothing like one of your childhood sweethearts coming home after two months of having very few playmates to romp about with.

So Friday, Miss Laura and I checked out artfest in downtown Coeur D'Alene, which, as expected, was lovely and artistic.
But probably the best art of the evening was the mural we accidentally discovered when we forgot where we had parked.

I really felt that I bonded with these warriors.
After all...I know every rock and tree and creature
has a life,
has a spirit,
has a name.
our star-crossed love spans across space, time, culture, and dimension [literally].

...and then came Saturday.
Oh! Saturday! Oh DAY of DAYS!
Honestly, a great portion of my 3-5 pms [pacific time] on Saturdays and 6-8 pms [also pacific time] on Sundays for most of my life have included looking forward to this very particular Saturday that happened to take place two days ago
on which
my Father and I
attended a live broadcast of "A Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keillor.
!!! I know, right?
And though the show often makes jokes about no one under 50 being aware of it, I have been a die-hard fan since a little girl and I already mourn the day when this, the last of the great radio shows, retires for good.

Seriously though, there is something so magical about radio acting!
And fake advertisements from the Catchup Advisory Board and Professional Organization of English Majors.
And hearing beautifully and sarcastically crafted tales [often primarily ad-libbed] about familiar landmarks in my ole' hometown.
And good, gritty bluegrass music that makes my heart soar and hands clap [despite my well-documented hatred of "the collective clap." This audience did pretty well with it, though]
Anyway,
the point is I was much too enthralled to remember to take any pictures. So there you have it.
But, on the way, we did stop at the very Taco Time that my dad went to on his very first date! In 1972. How precious is that?

this is his response to "Make a first date face!"
[also I believe our lovely cashier is posing jubilantly]

love, wolves, and nostalgic burritos,
Banana

3 comments:

alyssa said...

as great as all of this is, the cashier is definitely my favorite

lunablue said...

THE OUTFIT IS SO SNORT-OUT-LOUD-IN-THE-DARK-BUT-DON'T-WAKE-UP-GRANDMA *PERFECT,* MEGGY, DARLING!!! Can you shoot me an Email with at least the originals though? Or do you have exclusive copy right? Thank you for your nice and cute and well said words though. Advertise this blog, join ranks, and become famous. It's a beautiful blog. By now, I really know.
-Stork'sLuver

lunablue said...

I just had to come back for another look. Genius, isn't it? Thank you so much for telling me to point my finger like that, in my adoration pose over the woman. That reminds me so exactly of Mary's beseeching hand in the Pietà.

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin