Sunday, July 12, 2009

All about the boy who came to stay

Once, not too long ago, a bearded man came and slept in our book room on pink sheets and a frog pillow.
He was a good sport.

We had countless adventures.

For example, we ate a funnel cake:

We got a puppy.
We frolicked and explored and got questioned by the police and rode rollercoasters and had picnics and watched sunsets and went to a play and cooked amazing pork tacos and swam and kayaked in a magical field of lily pads while a thunder storm brewed and walked through gardens and read things and went on scenic strolls and kissed in public and napped and ate SO MUCH and and and

My family loves him.
My friends love him.
My friends' families love him.
My dog loves him.

...And I like him an awful lot.

Come back please.
Banana.

1 comment:

Jenalee said...

Bryce wants to know, why you're daiting Grizzly Adams? I want to know why you didn't come here!

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin