Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome to the forest, Little Prince

It's a boy! (puppy. It's a boy puppy.)
Please give a warm welcome to
(Or Huck Phin if you prefer...)
My new little darling who now shares my heart and pillow.

He brings a little diversity to the small herd of Aryan Nations lap dogs my mother keeps in the back.
(Yes, you may comment on the insanity of four little canines if you wish but I may abstain from commenting in order to uphold my family's honor)
Come play with us!! Love, romping, and middle-of-the-night nose bites,
Nina

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin