Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I....


......miss Hawaii!!!!






Will it ever forgive me for abandoning it?
Today I particularly miss:
-yowling, mating feral catsong in the night
-hi chews
-that eating spam was okay. even encouraged.
-(somewhat) safely picking up hitchhikers and kindly being offered marijuana in return
-sunrise rituals with the ocean, the sand, my thoughts, and God
-warm rain dancing
-rainbow-speckled moonshine
-handlebar cruiser rides through laie
-climbing mountains and seeing a new, soul-taking view every few minutes
-birds and dumptrucks waking me up every morning
-aloha. aloha aloha aloha.
love.
comradery.
campfires and songs and mud and toes
and insence and water and flowers and sand and smiles and
long, satisfied, thankful breaths.
every single magical day.

2 comments:

Dane Ficklin said...

This makes me miss Hawaii too. And I've never been there.

You do this so very well.

-D

little miss erika said...

i most definitely am eating a green apple hi chew as we speak

and i assure you lady, hawaii misses you too

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin