Wednesday, May 19, 2010

all about the girl who came to stay

Last weekend was magical for me, and I'll tell you why.
After living together in Hawaii, Jerusalem, and Utah,
Alyssa [aka Gracie] and I finally spent time together in the good ole' homeland: The Inland Northwest.

I'll admit it. I'm really lonely these days. Being home and earning money is good but, you know.. it's a little stagnant. And well...

...well, it was a wonderful relief to have a sleepover with a beautiful, darling friend and meet up with two other darling friends [Kali and Bryson] to go to an amazing concert [The Five Browns; website here ] at the Fox theatre:
beautiful stage. beautiful pianos [oh, those pianos!].
My favorite piece was probably "Claire de Lune." Six hands on one piano playing one of the most beautiful melodies of all time. Exquisite!
The five magical siblings themselves, complete with terrible red eye [yeah, it's kind of a creeper shot. What can I say?]. 

And then we frolicked through gardens of all kinds in Manito Park on the South Hill of Downtown Spokane. The lilac garden was in full bloom, and you could smell it before you could see it. We had a great time taking pictures (all the good ones are on her Nikon), had a gluten-free, dairy-free picnic lunch, went to Auntie's bookstore, got the lovely lady some new pointe shoes, and explored all day long.
It was such a beautifully sunny day [in so many ways].
the infamous MEOW! bench

please come back, Gracie. I had a lovely time.

love, flowers, and isn't it friday yet?
-Banana

3 comments:

alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alyssa said...

time for you to come here silly! oh how i wub you

and i totally called that chin shot. and i'm a little frightened by that last picture.

and i love you.

and you want a canon.

and you have a holga!

and you'll come here with your holga.

and we can be a threesome! (again!)

it was a magical weekend. gluten free french toast. gluten free picnic.

how do i love thee? a helluva lot.

Brooklynn Johnson said...

the last picture is my favorite, gracie. gosh.

no but it really really is

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin