Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's a unicorn!

Ever since my sister found out we were prego (I like to add the "we" in there. I'm already very important in this baby's life) we've been discussing what kind of baby it will be.

You know, most people figure it will be either "a boy" or "a girl," but Jena and I explored other possibilities like.. "It's a lizard!" "It's a cupcake!" Eventually, we accepted the grown-ups' insistence that there are only two kinds of babies, and we settled on cowboys and unicorns.

Today she had her "kind of baby" appointment and found out  
it's a unicorn!!
My other beautiful little unicorn filly of a neice, Lily Belle, is so excited it's a girl. Here's what she had to say about it:

I'm such a happy auntie banana!
I love you, jenabunny and baby!

love, babies, and plentiful new knitting projects now that I know what color yarn to get,
Anna

p.s. sister also blogged about our lovely trip to Colorado here

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin