Wednesday, May 19, 2010

hello, holga

 why do I have the best boyfriend in the whole world?
why did I get a package in the mail yesterday that said "Welcome to Holgawood"?

why did it contain this gorgeous little goldenrod plastic camera that holds so much adventure and experimentation and wonder for me?

frankly, I have no idea. But I'm so pumped! I hope Holga and I will be great friends.
I must admit, though, that I'm a little intimidated by her. The fact that she's the plaything of professionals and takes a lot more creativity and skill than my Samsung L100 digital point and shoot that I'm so comfortable with.. is scary.



I used the "Holga-ish" feature on picnik in anticipation.
This babe uses film.
She has no flash.
She is made out of plastic.
What you take is what you get [with the exception of a whole lot of an angle and considerable distortion].
I'm so excited and scared and in love and thankful that someone is finally taking me up on my "someday I'm actually going to be a photographer" complex.
love, lenses, and new friends, 
Banana    

3 comments:

Danika Jane said...

ahhh! the great holga! you will have a blast. i am jealous :)

Rhianna said...

it's Holga love! I am still intimidated by it. someday I'll hold a Holga love in my anxious hands..

Anna Banana said...

she is a harsh mistress. So alluring, and yet unforgiving.

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin