Monday, July 11, 2011

...And then Anna DAINES ate a DANISH in DENMARK

......And it was everything I ever dreamed it would be.
I realize this picture is terrible, and that is why I like it.
I'm pretty sure some English person stuck an "i" in my surname arbitrarily somewhere along the way, which means that I, in fact, am a DANE! 
And that, along with the fact that Denmark is literally the happiest place on earth, makes me feel right at home. This city is so effortlessly cool and clean and chill. Really really beautiful and a little mysterious. I love it! I was in Dublin this morning, and unfortunately I can't spend more time loving Copenhagen. You see, I must say bye bye to the homeland (if it is, in fact, a homeland to me. I'm not sure. Ask my dad.) and head to Stockholm tomorrow.
Dalmation! I have to go to Sweden. Crimeny.

Just kidding, I get to go to Sweden,
Banana

P.S. I love Ireland
P.P.S. Guess what banana is in Danish!

1 comment:

Dan Daines said...

Yes...Anna...you are Danish by blood and history..even the name Daines may have been a Suffolk england spelling corruption..there were lots of left over Danes in Northern England after the Danelaw period...Grandma Daines (Marion) came from Danish families and a few Swedish interlopers....You have heard the family name Hansen...Marion's Mother was Mabel Hansen ...her grandfather was from Jutland her grandmother from Sweden...they eloped in a row boat to escape the disapproval of the Swedish family....sounds like an Anna like adventure....We have enjoyed your blog posts...Love, Dad

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin