Thursday, July 28, 2011

Pot hole summer.

I apologize for the glaring discrepancy between this post and the last. 
But you see, in my youthful, hopeful, rosy-cheeked return I believed that (somehow) going to Europe for 3 months would make things...well...dissapear.
Or at least better.
(Better would be nice.)
That's all I was hoping for.


But I overlooked this minor, but rather pervasive issue. It is called men. And as Fleet Foxes so wisely croon at us, "memory is a fickle siren song." But in this case the siren's name is man and it isn't pretty. Or a mermaid, even.
This strangely absent but ever-present parasite, man, is the diagnosis for a little phenomenon Brookie has termed "pot hole summer."
It afflicts my bunnies and I in a most vicious strain and finds us invalids on delicious summer afternoons curled up on many  beds in the house in varying configurations (piles, that is) of fury, comfort, or dry-eyed (but drained) staring.


Because, as Fleet Foxes also remind us, "I don't know what to do."
Oh hell.


memory is a fickle siren song. 
blah blah blah blah.
It is interesting to me that everyone I know is either lovey dovey engaged to be married or breaking up. It is also interesting that some people fall in love and get married and others fall in love and get round-house kicked in the face.


Men.
Pot holes.
Summer fun.
Blah blah blah blah blah.

5 comments:

Alyse said...

I have a line for you...Only you will know how much this means to me. This is for both you and Brookie, I can read into things without actually having to know them :) or for that matter the extent of them.

I want you, I want all of you forever, you and me :)

LOVES!!

Melissa King said...

If it makes you feel any better I haven't had a guy in my life for a very long time. So lets be friends. After all you live around the corner...

Becca Ricks said...

It's been a pot hole summer for all of us, I guess.

Brooklynn Johnson said...

that's funny, we really do lay on various configurations of furniture and stare at things (really uninformative things like walls).

crap.

Sister Lauren Call said...

amen sister.

we can keep each other company when i get back to provo... i would like that very much.

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin