Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Miss Holga Remembers

Remember when I was in Geneva? Me neither, hardly. Train to train to hostel to hostel to museum to Mcdonald's to museum has done a number on my memory. Tonight I spliced Stockholm and Copenhagen into one big, clean city and expected to find part of one as I left the other. Trippy.
But Miss Holga remembers.
I finally got a couple rolls developed when we popped back to London for the HARRY POTTER premiere (yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!) and got to look at them today. The plastic lady is still a little stubborn at times, but I'm happy with some things she's decided to do. All sun flares, discoloration, and vignetting are natural, of course, and I couldn't be happier.

So here's how I saw Switzerland in analogue:




I miss speaking french.
I miss my study abroad friends.
I miss Professors Hudson and Olivier.
I miss croissants and baguettes and chocolate chocolate chocolate.
I do not miss Geneva being the (second) most expensive city in the UNIVERSE.
But it's nice to remember.

Banana

2 comments:

olivia said...

i miss anna banana.

I just found your blog (how had i not read it before?!) and i love it. hope you are having a magical trip.

Brooklynn Johnson said...

So I've told you this in person, but for the record, your holga pictures are sprinkled with Anna (the magic and transient touch of life). Love you.

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin