Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Doe, a Deer

I finally officially got a summer job and it is most likely, officially, the best one in the world.
Some would call me a nanny or some such nonsense, but
as any enlightened theatre goer knows, I am, in fact,
A Governess
I get to spend all day, every day, with two delightsome children. I get to be outside. I get to get a tan. It's not such a bad deal, really.
We spend most of our time singing, longing for our father's love, and hiding from Nazis.
Love, Hunter, and Sarah,
Nina

3 comments:

jasmine said...

hahaha! that's awesome! congratulations on landing the best summer job ever! :)

Jenalee said...

Uh oh. You know that at the end of the summer you have to go back to the convent, right?

erica marie said...

Sounds good to me, Congrats!

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin