Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Don't mind me, I'm just a summer fairy

My Brookie in Christmas Meadows
In my current jobless, schooless state, my primary project is to fill in some of the pot holes of this, the pot hole summer. (On a good day I call it "The Summer Without Men," On a really good day I call it "Girl Power Summer," And in Paris I called it "Un été sans les hommes.")

That means
1. bunny.
her official names are: Noble Beast (Bea for short) and Tulip.
But mostly she is Little Bunny Naughty Bun.
 2. sunday croquet matches.
complete with puppy, kitten, and a lot of candy.

 3. crafts and arts and readings on the lawn.
Brookie and Bun.

 4. mountains, meadows, nature, best friends, skinny dipping, making music, and daisy chains.
Don't mind me, I'm just a summer fairy.
 Banana.

No comments:

Carry

I want to carry you
and for you to carry me
the way voices are said to carry over water.

Just this morning on the shore,
I could hear two people talking quietly
in a rowboat on the far side of the lake.

They were talking about fishing,
then one changed the subject,
and, I swear, they began talking about you.

Billy Collins


that's all, folks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin